DECISIONS....... DECISIONS...... WHAT'S A BRIDE TO DO?
Weddings can be a nerve wracking time for many brides so the question is, how do you keep it simple? Like most wedding decisions, there are really no hard and fast rules. However, a good starting point should to be to decide what you want and explore the options that best suits your personal style. Here are a few tips to guide you through the process:
YOUR WEDDING DRESS
First and foremost: Select your wedding dress before you start looking for accessories.
SELECT PIECES THAT COMPLIMENTS (NOT OVERPOWER) YOUR DRESS
- Ideally, your jewelry will compliment the style of your dress and any hair accessories and/or veil you’ll be wearing. For example, jewelry with beautiful filigree swirls or delicate drops of pearls look amazing with vintage-inspired lace dresses, while contemporary style dresses look chic with simple but bold pieces.
- If your wedding dress has beautiful long lace sleeves, wearing a bracelet might not be a good idea; no one will be able to see it properly and it could get caught on the delicate fabric.
- A detailed headdress or statement earrings (especially if your hair is up), will really compliment your ensemble.
- Your chosen jewelry can be used to highlight features that you love or to bring balance to your overall look.
- To balance out a gown with a heavy bottom (I mean the ‘dress’, not your butt. Lol), long drop earrings would be the way to go.
WHAT JEWELRY WORKS BEST WITH THE NECKLINE OF MY DRESS?
Some necklaces styles look better with certain necklines. Here’s what to try:
- For V-Shape Necklines – select a necklace with a pendant which falls into the V shape which will compliment your neckline.
- Sweetheart Necklines – instead of going the safe route such as a choker (depending on the detail on your dress neckline), select a piece that falls higher than the dip in the neckline. If you’re wearing a more elaborate necklace, try to balance the look with a pair of stud earrings.
- One shoulder dress – try a pair of Chandelier earrings and a bold bracelet.
- Strapless – If your dress is strapless, add a little sparkle around your neckline with a string of crystals, a delicate pendant necklace or choker length necklace. Pearls will also work.
- Round neckline – select a short single or multi-stranded necklace or a choker to sit inside the neckline.
- Halterneck – ditch the necklace if wearing this style of neckline (what’s the point?). A gorgeous Earrings and bracelets from the Bridal Collection at peonypetals.com will complement this type of neckline a lot better.
- Backless dress – wear your hair up and try a beautiful backdrop necklace to make your back, the focal point.
Your style of jewelry should stand out from the ones worn by your bridesmaids. It’s your special day after all!
- Allow your bridesmaids to add their own individual style to their outfits within certain parameters of course. Let them choose from within a collection of options you have chosen.
- This will avoid any drastic deviations from the color/theme you have in mind. You will achieve the look you’re after and they will be happy that they had options. A win-win!
- Last but definitely not least, make sure to get each of your bridesmaids a nice gift to show your appreciation.
Please feel free to contact the Peony Petals team should you have any questions or if there are any specific topics you would like to see in our blog. Explore our Bridal Collection at: https://www.peonypetals.com/product-category/bridal
Peony Petals Team